Customers security expectations
This parcel courier service was looking for a safe and reliable solution for automatic locking of the cargo space of its vans.
Whenever their couriers need to take a parcel out of the van, they open one of the doors, take the desired parcel, close the door, but it does not lock automatically.
As a result, they are subject to considerable theft of parcels while they are at the customers and the vehicle is left unattended.
BUILDING UP THE SOLUTION
As the customer was looking for a solid and reliable security solution but was under budget constraints, the decision was made to fit the rear door with a LimoLock heavy duty pin lock and the side door with a BasicLock both from M-Protect.
Both systems have the same operation (unlocking by remote control, automatic and immediate locking of the pin lock of the door that has not been opened,…) although the LimoLock is more robust due to its construction and is more resistant to heavier pulling forces than the BasicLock.
Both pin locks are controlled by the Intelligent Lock System with remote control. This Lock Controller can be fully customised to optimise the security to the situation of the customer.
Thanks to the configuration capabilities of the Intelligent Lock Control once the driver opens up one of both cargo doors the other cargo door will lock itself immediately
PROTOCOL EXAMPLE OPERATION SOLUTION LAST-MILE-DELIVERY SECURITY
SOLUTION AVAILABLE THANKS TO INTEGRATION OF THE INTELLIGENT LOCK CONTROLLER COMBINED WITH M-PROTECT CARGO LOCKS
- Before starting, the driver must enter his driver code on the keypad.
- Once the code is introduced on the keypad, the vehicle can start.
- Once the vehicle has started, the load compartment is locked and cannot be opened, either by means of the buttons on the remote control or via the keypad.
- Once at the destination, the driver must turn off the ignition (and remove the key from the ignition) to be able to unlock the load compartment.
By removing the key from the ignition, theft of the vehicle is avoided when the driver is in the cargo space or delivering packages to the customer.
- With the help of the code on the keypad or the remote control, the driver decides (depending on the configuration) whether to unlock one or several doors.
- If both doors are unlocked, as soon as one of the 2 doors is opened by the driver, the non-opened door will automatically lock itself again, to prevent theft via the unopened door.
- As soon as the driver closes the door, the BasicLock will automatically lock again.
- If the driver then wants to drive off again, he must first enter his driver’s code on the keypad and the cycle will start again.
LIMOLOCK ACCESSOIRES OR EXTENTIONS
Do not wait until it is too late and take appropriate measures before your packages or valuable goods are stolen. Your customers rely on your professionalism when they call on your services for the transportation of their valuable goods.
INTERESTED? REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
info aanvraag Security Van Contractor
info aanvragen Security Van Contractor